List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: Ping performance test (little offt.)
From:       Milos Prudek <prudek () sol ! cz>
Date:       1998-11-30 19:51:55

> Yes. All IP packets and therefore all TCP, UDP, ICMP, or other
> IP-based protocols through the CIPE device are.

The reason I asked is I'm looking for a solution to provide Quality of
Service for our VPN.
This is our setup:

(cr is Cyclades router, which cannot do QoS queueing):

     slow     eth                     slow
VPN1-----linux=====cisco=== FR ===cr--------VPN2

Traffic between VPN1 and VPN2 goes through Serial1.2 on cisco 2511, IOS
11.2(16)
I have placed queue setup on Serial1 itself, because cisco does not
allow to place custom-queue-list on subinterface Serial 1.2
VPN encapsulates all traffic into UDP on ports 6788 and 6789.

interface Serial1
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 custom-queue-list 1