List:       cipe
Subject:    Re: NEWBIE: Setup Problems any insight appreciated.
From:       Peter van den Heuvel <peter () asylum ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-19 13:03:05

> I have two machines on a network, was trying to set up a tunnel from
> 10.1.1.1 to 10.1.1.2  from a machine at 192.168.64.2 to one at 192.168.64.124
If I assume that the 10 range net is your private net then you want
different sub-nets at both ends. Try to configure something like
10.1.1.1 one machine A and 10.1.2.1 on machine B. Both netmasks of
255.255.255.0.

What you're trying to do will only work with switching over cipe or with
a point-to-point tunnel and other net-ranges on the internal NIC's (does
require explicit routes). Don't think that's what you want though.

Maybe there's other things wrong as well, but I'm not that familiar with
pkcipe.