List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    Re: [cifs-protocol] MS-SWM Q9b - CLIENT_MOVE_NOTIFICATION is ignored if the address list includes th
From:       Stefan Metzmacher via cifs-protocol <cifs-protocol () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2024-01-31 12:54:06

Hi Jeff,

I hope to find the time to collect the required stuff.

> In addition to the traces below, could you also upload any Events from the \
> appropriate time range? > In Event Viewer, navigate to Application and Services \
> Logs > Microsoft > Windows > SMBWitnessSService (from the cluster), and \
> SMBWitnessClient from the client.

But note I was talking about samba being the server and windows server 2022 being the \
client, so SMBWitnessSService is not relevant. But I'll include SMBClient in addition \
to SMBWitnessClient from the client.

> To help troubleshoot this issue, I would like to collect ETL (t.cab) traces as well \
> as the network capture you offered.
> Please find attached t.cmd.txt, which can be renamed to t.cmd and copied to any \
> folder on your server.
> To collect traces:
> 	1. From an elevated command prompt on the Server, execute the command ‘t.cmd \
> srvon'

Is this really correct as I only have windows as a client not a server.

Thanks!
metze