List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    [cifs-protocol] SMB2_CREATE pathname "x\..\y.txt" -> STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER?
From:       Volker Lendecke via cifs-protocol <cifs-protocol () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2020-06-16 15:03:22

Hi, Dochelp!

Attached find a trace that I could not explain according to [MS-SMB2]
or [MS-FSCC]. I open a file "y.txt" that does exist, see frame 33. I
create a directory "x", see frames 42/43. I then try to open
"x\..\y.txt" and get a STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER in frame 55. I could
not find ".." to be illegal as part of a path in the docs.

Can you point me in the right direction?

The server is Windows 2012R2 in case that matters.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: 0551-370000-0, mailto:kontakt@sernet.de
Gesch.F.: Dr. Johannes Loxen und Reinhild Jung
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - http://www.sernet.de

["cap" (application/octet-stream)]