List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    Re: [cifs-protocol] [REG:119021519670367] Active Directory schema partition containing non-schema ob
From:       Edgar Olougouna via cifs-protocol <cifs-protocol () lists ! samba ! org>
Date:       2019-02-25 22:39:58

Garming,

Upon investigation, I will file a document bug and ask for a processing rule be \
updated in MS-ADTS. I have confirmed in the source code that it is "by design" that \
only true schema updates can occur under the schema container. Effectively the FSMO \
schema master must only allow class or attribute schema objects in the schema NC. \
Otherwise, any incumbent Add/Modify/Delete for a non-schema object on the schema NC \
should trigger an error: unwillingToPerform / ERROR_DS_CANT_CREATE_UNDER_SCHEMA.

This error is already listed in MS-ERREF.
0x0000213E
ERROR_DS_CANT_CREATE_UNDER_SCHEMA	An object of this class cannot be created under the \
schema container. You can only create Attribute-Schema and Class-Schema objects under \
the schema container.

Thanks,
Edgar