List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    [cifs-protocol] 113102410891258 explanation on note MS-NRPC.pdf
From:       Sreekanth Nadendla <srenaden () microsoft ! com>
Date:       2013-10-31 15:53:52

Hello Matthieu,

Since not every combination of LogonLevel and ValidationLevel are valid, for certain \
values of LogonLevel, the possible ValidationLevel values are restricted.  The code \
needs to check if the ValidationLevel matches correctly as specified in the document. \
Purpose of Windows behavior note <273> is to specify which versions of Windows \
implementations perform such verification.

We will simplify the wording to convey this meaning.

"<273> Section 3.5.4.5.1: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows \
Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, \
Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 support verifying whether correct combination \
of LogonLevel and ValidationLevel are supplied."

Note: Similar to WBN 273 as you've pointed out, WBN <274> will also need same \
clarification.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,
Sreekanth Nadendla
Microsoft Windows Open Specifications

"<273> Section 3.5.4.5.1: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows \
Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, \
Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 support validation of LogonLevel with \
ValidationLevel."

I don't understand this note what validation of LogonLevel with ValidationLevel means \
?

Thanks you.

--
Matthieu Patou