List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    [cifs-protocol] Linux: want to cache CIFS file in local file cache
From:       Aaron Boxer <boxerab () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-23 23:18:01

Hello!

I am writing a Linux server, and I want to pre-fetch a number of CIFS files
and cache locally. The files are on a CIFS share mounted as read only.

I was planning on opening the file, calling
posix_fadvise(........,POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED)
on the file descriptor, and then closing the file.

Will this work? Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks!!

Aaron