List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    Re: [cifs-protocol] RE: MS-SAMR missing SID name use type ?
From:       "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-10 22:49:03

I see where the confusion has arised from now.

LSA and SAMR both contain a definition for SID_NAME_TYPE but they are
subtly different.

The definitions of SID_NAME_TYPE in LSA and SAMR are identical up to
item 8 where the SAMR version ends.
LSA contains two extra name types   COMPUTER==9 and LABEL==10

Any particular reason why SAMR and LSA uses similar but different
definitions of this structure?
This leads to confusion.

regards
ronnie sahlberg