List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    [cifs-protocol] Create Context Tags
From:       Sebastian Canevari <Sebastian.Canevari () microsoft ! com>
Date:       2008-06-03 20:42:43

Hi Tridge,

I've just posted the following response at the forum.

Please let me know if you'll need further clarification on it.

Thanks!

Sebas

==============================

Hi Tridge,

After reviewing the document and the code, there will be a correction to the \
[MS-SMB2] document upcoming releases that will look close to the paragraph below:

3.3.5.9 Receiving an SMB2 CREATE Request

[snip]

The description contained here is for a generic create operation. Sections 3.3.5.9.1 \
through 3.3.5.9.7 detail server behavior when various create contexts are provided in \
the request, and describe how that affects server operation. All create contexts that \
are not specified in 2.2.13.2 SHOULD be failed with a STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER error. \
<WB>

<WB> Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 will not explicitly check for create \
contexts that are 4 bytes or larger.

Thanks again for helping us improve our documentation.

Regards,

Sebas

Sebastian Canevari
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849
e-mail: sebastc@microsoft.com