List:       cifs-protocol
Subject:    [cifs-protocol] RE: SMB2 create access masks
From:       Sebastian Canevari <Sebastian.Canevari () microsoft ! com>
Date:       2008-06-02 15:08:15

Hi Andrew,

I've just posted this response for the following forum post: \
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3430474&SiteID=1&mode=1

I've been reviewing the info on the document and I would need a little clarification \
from you.

 The mask that you are using 0D F0 FE 00, includes one bit that's described on the \
document (ACCESS_SYSTEM_SECURITY 0x01000000).

 It's not clear to us that you need this mask. Can you clarify what you're doing that \
you need it or I'd suggest dropping the bit from the mask as I state next...

If not, I would suggest to run your test with the following mask:  0C F0 FE 00

Thanks!

Sebastian Canevari
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849
e-mail: sebastc@microsoft.com