List:       chkrootkit-users
Subject:    [crt-users] chkrootkit lkm trojan warning
From:       al Dawson <al_dawson () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-05-15 10:42:06

Hi,

I've just joined downloaded the 0.40 chkrootkit, and
it gives me the message

Checking `lkm'... You have    41 process hidden for ps
command

comparing /proc with the output from ps I can't see
any differences,  but looking at the source for
chkproc.c it looks like you use

#define PS  "ps mauxwww 2>/dev/null"

when i run
ps mauxwww

I get
ps: error: Thread display not implemented.

Is this the cause of the lkm trojan message?  Or do I
need to be more worried?

Thanks
AED