List:       cherokee
Subject:    [Cherokee] Cherokee 0.99.24 web admin interface looks broken
From:       Lorenzo Villani <lvillani () binaryhelix ! net>
Date:       2009-09-05 21:16:33

I recently updated Cherokee from 0.99.20 to 0.99.24 and the web-based
tool seems badly broken.

Now optional fields get a nice "Optional" text when the field loses
focus and the "Optional" text gets deleted when the field gets the
focus but...

When the page refreshes all optional fields are marked with errors
(i.e.: the "Bind to" fields says "Optional: Malformed IPv4") to the
point that the whole interface becomes useless (because of this I
cannot add behaviors to virtual servers, etc).

The only way to stop this is to fill the optional fields thus making
the fields themselves mandatory.

JFYI: I am using Firefox 3.5.2.

<rant>sometimes I wish that simple web intefaces like this stop using
Javascript altogether.</rant>