List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] Logs owner
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Antonio_P=E9rez?=" <aplistas () skarcha ! com>
Date:       2008-08-31 22:03:39

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro@gnu.org> wrote:

>> Anyone with this problem?.
>
> Well, I'd say that's the expected behavior, actually.
>
> This is what is happening in your case:
>
>  1.- Cherokee is executed as root, but you want it to drop privileges
>  2.- It opens the log files (as root)
>  3.- It becomes www-data right after that
>  4.- Works for a while, until it receives SIGUSR2
>  5.- It tries to reopen the files but it cannot
>
> So, at least the issue is consistent with what you wanted it to do. If you
> want the server to run as www-data, you cannot expect it to be able to
> reopen root files.

So, why if it is running as www-data, it can write to log files owned
by root but it can't do it when it receives SIGUSR1?. (Have you
changed it now to SIGUSR2?).

> What would be for you the expected behavior?

I expect this:

1.- Cherokee is executed as root, but I want it to drop privileges
2.- It becomes www-data.
3.- It opens the log files (as www-data)
4.- Works for a while, until it receives SIGUSR2
5.- It tries to reopen the files and it can.

--
Saludos:
Antonio Pérez

ATENCIÓN: Antes de imprimir este mensaje valora si verdaderamente es necesario.
De esta forma contribuimos a la preservación del Medio Ambiente.