List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] Access Restrictions question
From:       Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro () gnu ! org>
Date:       2008-08-20 16:38:26

Antonio Pérez wrote:

> I'm new with cherokee and I'm learning how to configure it. I hope you
> can help me with this question.
>
> I have a directory that I want to restrict all content to ALL, like
> this in Apache:
>
> <Files *>
>         Order Allow,Deny
>         Deny from All
> </Files>
>
> To do it, I have created a target named "/mydir" of type "Directory",
> handler "Only listing" and Allow from "127.0.0.1", but I want to
> restrict to ALL, but this is then only way I have found to restrict
> "outside visits".
>
> Choosing handler "None" I get: "405 Method Not Allowed"...

Yes, the best way is to set the handler to 'None' and mark the rule as
'Final'. That will do it.

> My question is: Am I doing right?, what's the best option to do this?.

You are doing the technical stuff alright, although the rules behavior
is quite unusual. As far as I can imagine, the only case where this sort
of rules may be useful would be for rejecting requests of htpasswd and
htdigest files. Is that the case?

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.alobbs.com/