List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] 'trace'
From:       Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro () gnu ! org>
Date:       2008-01-05 8:52:21

Stefan de Konink wrote, On 04/01/2008 20:37:

> Except for the ./configure option, is there some place else you need to
> enable the trace facility?
>
> I want to see if my maxage option is processed or not.

There are two ways of enabling the tracing facility:

In the first case, you will have to set the CHEROKEE_TRACE environment
variable. You have to specify which tracing points you want to enable,
for instance:

  CHEROKEE_TRACE="socket" /usr/sbin/cherokee

Two notes here:

  - There is an special value "all" that enable all of them.
    CHEROKEE_TRACE="all"

  - You can use commas to set multiple values
    CHEROKEE_TRACE="socket,connection"

Besides, there is another fancy way of turning the tracing on and
off. In this second way, you would need load the admin handler - let's
imagine that the directory /admin is handled by it. Then, you would
have to use cherokee_tweak in order to enable and disable the
tracing. For example:

  cherokee_tweak -c trace -a http://example.com/admin/ -t all

Additionally, it would need -u and -p if you configured /admin/ to
require authentication.

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com