List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] cherokeeserv-0.1: A Windows service wrapper for
From:       Brian Rosner <brosner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-28 14:52:30

On 2007-06-28 02:41:57 -0600, Ross Smith II <cherokeespam@netebb.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> I hacked up a Windows service wrapper for Cherokee 0.60b700 using MinGW.
> I used the OpenVPN code to start, and it only took a few hours.
>
> Here's the syntax:
>
> cherokeeserv -install          to install the service
> cherokeeserv -start            to start the service
> cherokeeserv -stop             to start the service
> cherokeeserv -remove           to remove the service
> cherokeeserv -debug <params>   to run as a console app for debugging
>
> It successfully installs, starts and removes.  The -stop option will
> stop the service, but it doesn't stop the web server. To do that, we
> need to add:
>
> #ifdef _WIN32
>   if (WaitForSingleObject('cherokee_exit_1', 0) != WAIT_OBJECT_0) {
>     // start shuting down and exiting
>   }
> #endif
>
> to the web server code. As I am brand new with this code base, can
> someone point out where this should go, or if it's even doable?
>
> The source, and binary, is available here:
>
> http://www.smithii.com/files/cherokeeserv-0.1.zip
>
> -Ross

That is very cool.  I don't think I will get too much of a chance to
look at this.  However I skimmed over the code and it looks good for
the most part... some styling I see now and a few comments that still
refer the code to OpenVPN ;)

I would vote to clean it up some and get it into the Windows builds of
Cherokee.
--
Brian Rosner
http://www.brosner.com/blog