List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] Re: Cherokee 0.5.2 released (stable branch)
From:       Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro () sun ! com>
Date:       2006-04-27 7:04:11

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:

>>> These directories don't exist for 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 (0.5.0 has them).
>>> Could you please post a Windows binary for 0.5.2?
> (skip)
>>   There is no issue on the Win32 build. The compilation should be
>>   pretty straight forward, but I haven't had time to boot on Windows
>>   to compile it.  It should be awesome if someone could build it on
>>   each release (I do know I'm not the right person for this task).
>
> What tool-chain should be used to build on Windows? Can I use
> Microsoft's compiler (doesn't look like it to me after studying the
> package contents), or it's one of either Cygwin or MinGW? Thanks!

  I have never tried to compile it with the Microsoft compiler.  I
  guess you would find a few problems using it rather than gcc.
  Anyway, I would be happy to commit some changes to support it as
  well if you fix those issues :-)

  Currently it compiles using MinGW (it does not depend on Cygwin).
  Some weeks ago Olivier posted a really useful comment in one of the
  bug reports explaining how to get it compiled, check it out:

    http://www.0x50.org/bugs/ticket/31

--
Greetings, alo.