List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] PHP4 + Chroot
From:       berVi <bervu () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-04-02 8:34:44

--- Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro@sun.com> wrote:

>   I would suggest you to run the PHP interpreter
> inside a jail (using
>   the FastCGI interface and listening to some port).
>
>   Then, configure Cherokee to be chroot'ed as well
> and set it up to
>   use PHP through the FastCGI port you opened
> before. It should work.

I'm not sure that there is jail in OpenBSD. But now
I'm trying all this without chroot. It does not want
to work. I configured it using the documentation, but
no success. The php interpreter starts, but when I try
to load a php page, it says (in the console):

socket.c:1110: ERROR: Can not connect: Invalid
argument
socket.c:1110: ERROR: Can not connect: Invalid
argument
socket.c:1110: ERROR: Can not connect: Invalid
argument
socket.c:1110: ERROR: Can not connect: Invalid
argument
socket.c:1110: ERROR: Can not connect: Invalid
argument
socket.c:720: ERROR: write(13, ..) -> errno=57 'Socket
is not connected'
socket.c:824: ERROR: read(13, ..) -> errno=57 'Socket
is not connected'

I don't know what's the matter...

>   Okay. If you want to use phpcgi what you have to
> do is specify the
>   path to the interpreter, for example:
>
> =======
>   Chroot /var/www
>   DirectoryRoot /
>
>   Directory / {
>     Handler common
>   }
>
>   Extension php {
>     Handler phpcgi {
>       Interpreter /cgi/php
>     }
>   }
> =======
>
>   so, you will need to copy the php interpreter to
> /var/www/cgi/php. I
>   haven't tested it, but it should work.
>
>   Good luck! :-)
>
> --
> Greetings, alo.

No, it does not work. I tried it before, now again,
but doesn't work.