List:       cgiapp
Subject:    Re: [cgiapp] Problem with CAP::Authentication and mod_perl
From:       "Cees Hek" <ceeshek () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-12 21:43:32

On 6/12/07, tom.boyda@proxicom.com <tom.boyda@proxicom.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two CGI::Application apps running on the same server under
> mod_perl. The first app does not need any authentication and has been
> working just fine until I started development of the second application
> which uses CAP::Authentication and CAP::Session to login users. Now on
> the first application I get a login screen.

Both of your handler subs load and use the same Appl module, and it
looks like you have two different versions of this Appl module:

my $app = Appl->new();
$app->run();

Under mod_perl all apps run in the same instance of the perl
interpreter, so you can only have one package named Appl.  You need to
make sure they are uniquely named.

Cheers,

Cees Hek