List:       cgiapp
Subject:    [cgiapp]  Re: ANNOUNCE: CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch
From:       Mark Stosberg <mark () summersault ! com>
Date:       2006-04-28 14:00:03

On 2006-04-28, Jason Yates <jaywhy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Previously called CAP::Attributes,  CAP::ActionDispatch takes the
> PATH_INFO and dispatches requests based on the attributes you've setup
> in your class.

Thanks for sharing this Jason. I'm sure Catalyst converts will
appreciate it.

Please add it to the Plugins page on the wiki at http://www.cgi-app.org/

Sorry I'm late in providing this kind of feedback, but I find the name

"LocalDispatch" a lot more evocative.

For me, that's how I conceptualize the difference between
C::A::Dispatch, which is a kind of "global", or centeralized,
dispatching while this style is "local".

I can see how each approach will appeal to some.

Also in the name category, "snippets" is fairly meaningless for me, like
"info" or "data". I suggest:

  dispatch_params()

    Mark