List:       cgiapp
Subject:    Re: [cgiapp] CGI::Application and POE
From:       Sam Tregar <sam () tregar ! com>
Date:       2004-04-16 1:07:07

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Cory Trese wrote:

> I am working on creating a POE HTTP server that provides the ability to
> host a set of CGI::Application objects in a "standalone" web server.

I've looked at POE a couple times, but I never could figure out why
anyone would use it.  What advantage does a POE HTTP server have over
one based on Net::Server or rolled from scratch?

As far as integrating CGI::Application, I bet it'll be very easy.
Just get CGI.pm working (or a compatible work-alike) and then you'll
be able to call CGI::Application->new()->run() just like usual.

-sam