List:       cgiapp
Subject:    HTML::Template problem
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-11-26 10:10:27

Hello!

First of all, excuse me for posting this question here. But I think that
HTML::Template is strongly related to CGI::Application. So here it is. I
have these 2 templates: h2.tmpl and signup.tmpl. h2.tmpl:

<TMPL_IF NAME="FORGET">
	<TMPL_INCLUDE NAME="forgot_passwd.tmpl">
<TMPL_ELSE>
	<TMPL_INCLUDE NAME="signup.tmpl">
</TMPL_IF>

In the signup.tmpl I have this option field called country and I
populate it from the database, in the script, via a <TMPL_LOOP> tag.
Here is the part:

<select name="country">
	<TMPL_LOOP NAME=COUNTRY>
	<option><TMPL_VAR NAME=VALUE></option>
	</TMPL_LOOP>
</select>

Then, in the script, I do something like:

my $template = $self->load_tmpl('h2.tmpl');
my $signup_template = $self->load_tmpl('signup.tmpl');
$signup_template->param(COUNTRY => \@loop_data);
$template->param(FORGET => 0);
$output .= $template->output;
return $output;

So it includes the signup.tmpl but the country field is empty. If I
include directly the signup.tmpl template, it works. So I guess it has
something to do with the output of signup.tmpl. But I don't know how to
fix it. So, any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Regards,