List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: [CGI] USE strict question
From:       Jeff Pinyan <jeffp () crusoe ! net>
Date:       2000-09-28 12:09:21

>I have recently started to USE strict for all my CGI programs, but am
>having problems declaring global variables.  I was under the impression
>that you can use the "our" keyword, but apparently this is deprecated.  So
>my question is, what is the global equivalent of "my"?

our() is from 5.6.  If you're not using 5.6, our() doesn't exist.  The
pre-5.6 method is:

  use vars qw( $this @that %those );

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan     japhy@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
PerlMonth - An Online Perl Magazine            http://www.perlmonth.com/

in the body.

CalendarPlus v3.0 with JavaPlus is available NOW!
http://www.calendarplus.com/

The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
at http://perl.jann.com/