List:       cgi-list
Subject:    [CGI] cgis on local Mac withPWS or QPQ ?
From:       magennis () lingocity ! com
Date:       1999-03-23 8:50:11

Hello,

I want to run cgis on my mac prior to up-loading them to my real server.
I've been trying it with both Apple's personal web sharing and Quid Pro Quo
2.1 without success. I can get both of the programmes to run by giving
MacTCP/IP a fake IP address and enabling appletalk.

When I try to get a cgi script to function (e.g. MailForm/WWWboard or
similar) I get a variety of messages depending on which browser I use -
typical messages are "server has refused the connection" or "server not
responding" or just no reaction of any kind.

The first problme seems to be that the scripts do not launch at all.  I do
know that the relative address in the page I have created to the script in
the cgi-bin directory is correct - if I remove the http:// from the address
the script is opened up as a text document when I press the "send" button.

There seems to be a number of possible problems - could be that I have
omitted something in the configuration of the programmes or I have
something wrong in the script.  I am pretty sure that the latter is true in
any case - that's why I want to be be able to run them in the first place!
To trouble shoot.

Can anyone suggest either a solution to this or suggest an alternative way
of getting the cgis to run on local mac.

Thanks.
Simon Magennis.

in the body.

The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
at http://perl.jann.com/

cgi-list is hosted by Summit Communication Design (http://www.summitdesign.net).

Summit Communication Design is a full-service web hosting firm
providing web design, cgi programming and inter/intra-net support.