List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: SOLUTION [CGI] method to tell difference (in years) between 2
From:       "Jann Linder" <jann () jann ! com>
Date:       1999-03-18 21:53:53

Have any of you ever written a script years and years ago which solved a
problem you have now and DIDNT REMEMBER IT?

Selena sol put out a julian date conversion script (date.pl to all you
calendarplus users out there--it is part of the package)

It works beautifully and i never had to modify it since so i forgot i used
it back then.  It solved my problem now.

Basically, it configures dates back to when the british adopted the
gregorian calendar in (1752) and is accurate from then till now.

so...look into it if any of you need a better method than timelocal or
localtime.

if anyone needs it, it will be up on my site later this afternoon at
http://perl.jann.com/ since it is in the public domain and follows pretty
much the extremely flexible, steal it, port it, use it for free guidelines
of most of the Sol scripts.

Jann

--
Jann Linder