List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: [CGI] 'text file busy' error (UNIX)
From:       Oguzhan Eris <eris () cooper ! edu>
Date:       1998-07-29 13:31:06

It sounds like you either do not have the execute permission on the file

chmod +x filter.cgi

or you do not have the first line of your filter.cgi as follows

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

which is a special comment to the shell (it goes for any script) that you
want to run this script with the following 'interpreter'  change the path
after #! (pound-bang) to suit your perl executable's path, which you can
find usually through   the command 'which perl'

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> This is probably a unix questions, but here goes:
>
> I've got a perl script that works just fine with
> 'perl filter.cgi'
> but under CGI or with ./filter.cgi it produces:
> "bash: ./filter.cgi: Text file busy"
>
> I don't have the file open in anything else, and I've tried restarting the
> http server (apache). I'm using Linux 2.0.32, perl 5.004_04
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --------
> Jon Peterson  AMXstudios Ltd  London, UK  +44 171 613 5300
>
> Shoot your TV burn you car.

> The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
> at http://www.jann.com/Perl/
>
> cgi-list is hosted by Summit Communication Design (http://www.summitdesign.net).

Oguzhan Eris
The Cooper Union