List:       cgi-list
Subject:    RE: [CGI] Web-based email
From:       "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea () aasis ! albany-academy ! org>
Date:       1998-06-23 18:15:43

> or one could try http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/

MailMan is a decent but extremely limited product. We used it for about a
month then wrote one of our own.  I am currently working on the third
revision that will support user options through a SQL server as well as
being able to decode MIME encoded messages. This product is about a month
and a half away.  You are welcome to look at the basic source code.
In the interm, checkout mailman, if it does not fit your needs perhaps you
could tear it appart and make something that does, instead of starting
from scratch.

good luck

The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
at http://www.jann.com/Perl/

cgi-list is hosted by Wizards of the Web (http://wizweb.com).