List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: [CGI] Sprite.pm
From:       "Terence Jordan"<tjordan5 () mbnotes ! cca ! rockwell ! com>
Date:       1998-02-18 14:08:00

3D is the encoding of the equals sign in MIME encoded messages. Some
mailers don't send/recieve correctly, or sometimes there's a network burp
and the headers get messed up, and you see things like "=" with 3D, and
equal signs at the end of a line. There's a whole encoding method going on
behind the scenes, that uses the equals and a 2 digit hexidecimal based
ascii character, and encoding an equals sign comes out to "=", and "A"
would come out as "A" I believe, but the encoding is only to encode
characters above the 127 bottleneck that the SMTP protocol has.

There's more info on this out in the RFC archives, I'm sure.

HTH

--Terence
Views expressed are of Terence's and of no other...

With seven Sprite based apps behind me, I guess I'm willing to take some
ownership of supporting Gundavaram's module... can you clarify with the
"3D" is in the quoted material above?
...and of course some requisite tips...
First, your code doesn't check the result of the query.. a bit easier to
show using here document syntax... I would write the above like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Sprite;
$rdb = new Sprite;
$rdb->set_delimiter("Read",",");
$rdb->set_os("MacOS");
@data = $rdb->sql(<<End_of_Query) || die print "Database error:$!\n";
     select * from test.db
End_of_Query
$rdb_>close();

Can I assume you've run with -c to do a quick syntax check?  I also like to
set my database path in a variable, rather than hard coding it in the SQL
command; that way I can print it out to make sure it is being picked up
correctly.
I haven't ported any of my stuff to the Mac yet (just *nix and NT), but
will probably try a quick example to see if I can provide any more
guidance.
Jim

in the message body.
To contact a person at the CGI list, mailto:owner-cgi-list@jann.com

The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
at http://www.jann.com/Perl/

cgi-list is hosted by Wizards of the Web (http://wizweb.com).