List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: [CGI] IE 3.x with CGI.PM does not work for RTF
From:       "Jan Krynicky" <Jan () ChipNET ! cz>
Date:       1998-02-12 16:24:34

> Hi,
>
> The  sequence of headers sent to the browsers is as follows.
>
> print "Content-disposition: attachment filename=procformb.rtf \n\n"
> print "Content-lenght: <filesize> \n\n"
> print "Content-type: application/rtf \n\n"

You should try to telnet to the webserver to see what is actualy
being send to the client.

	> telnet www.my.company.com 80
	GET /path/to/script.pl?parameters

> At the same time we are also using the CGI.PM package for query strings. So,
> we discovered that if we do not use this package and parse the query string
> ourseleves, IE is able to bring up Winword with all the 3 HTTP headers intact.
>
> Any solutions or suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Praveen Shenoy

If all you need from CGI.pm is the decoding the query string, you
should use something else. Something smaller.

CGI.pm assumes you are using it for everything and
may screw up things if you don't (some people will disagree).

Either parse the query yourselves or use some tiny, single task
module. Say Deurl.pm ( http://www.chipnet.cz/depot.perl.htm - yes,
it's made by me :-)

Jenda
in the message body.
To contact a person at the CGI list, mailto:owner-cgi-list@jann.com

The CGI Tips & Tricks website (and archive of the list) is located
at http://www.jann.com/Perl/

cgi-list is hosted by Wizards of the Web (http://wizweb.com).