List:       cgi-list
Subject:    [CGI] Digital Signatures
From:       "Mr. G" <mrg () capreol ! com>
Date:       1997-07-30 12:07:10

I'm hoping with the skill of the CGI list subscribers I can find an answer
to this question. I have some forms that I am transforming into CGI
paper-less versions. However, the paper versions require signatures.

The on-line version must also have a signature, but it MUST be legally
binding (at least as much as a signature on paper is).  What's the word on
this? Is typing your name that same as signing it on paper? If not, what
other solutions are available?

Thanks for any tips.

Gordon Capreol
Internet Developer