List:       cgi-list
Subject:    Re: [CGI] server push for text data
From:       Tommy Butler <tommy () atrixnet ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 18:19:16

Rhodes, Phillip C. wrote:
> You need to escape ticks...
>
> I think you have to convert each tick  to 3 ticks.
>
> ' -> '''

Try using the builtin function "quotemeta(string)".  It will correctly escape
all characters for you.  If you are using DBI, use the "DBI::quote()" function.

--

   -Tommy Butler
    see if I'm online »http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/online

    Tommy Butler <tommy@atrixnet.com>
    phone: (817)-468-7716
    6711 Forest Park Dr
    Arlington, TX
         76001-8403

    Download my résumé in PDF, MS Word, HTML, text
    http://www.atrixnet.com/

    the ooOPps Code Library
    http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/pub/