List:       cgi-list
Subject:    [FROM LISTMASTER]  Re: [CGI] 'rackview' equipment visualization
From:       Jann Linder <jann () jann ! com>
Date:       2003-05-15 0:10:04

Bryce,

This is written A BIT TOO MUCH LIKE AN AD for my tastes.

Is SMACKS of SPAM.

I have removed you from this list 'cos you have never asked a question and
have only posted this SPAM.  This does not earn you the Listmaster's
goodwill enough to let this pass.  As a matter of fact, you joined this
simply to send this SPAM.  How do I know this?  You joined today!  Then you
sent the SPAM.  A bit too convenient for my taste.

Next time, I will report you and your domain to SPAMCOP and your ISP.

To those on the CGI-LIST, sorry!  I try not to let things like this get by.

Charitably yours,

Jann
Listmaster

On 5/14/03 4:03 PM, "Bryce Harrington" <bryce@osdl.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> rackview is a Perl CGI app for visualizing the layout of rack mounted
> computer hardware, such as for a data center.  We're using it at the
> Open Source Development Labs for our equipment:
>
> http://www.osdl.org/lab_equipment/
>
> It can access data either from a flatfile or a mysql database.  The top
> level navigation is done via an imagemap (SVG drawn in Sodipodi), with
> links to the cgi.  The racks are drawn as HTML tables, with images
> generated from GD::Image.
>
> We had a bit of a challenge to figure out how to get the cgi to install
> to the correct place, but in a user-overridable manner, both via
> Makefile.PL and rpm.  I'd love to hear thoughts on this, especially if
> you know better ways to do it.
>
> You can download and try it out, or find out more info, screenshots,
> join the mailing list, etc. here:
>
> http://rackview.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/rackview/
>
> Bryce