List:       cfrg
Subject:    Re: [CFRG]  =?iso-8859-1?q?RSA_decryption_issues_-_Implementation_Gui?=
From:       Hubert Kario <hkario () redhat ! com>
Date:       2023-10-10 15:57:19

On Tuesday, 10 October 2023 17:27:10 CEST, stef wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 03:35:08PM +0200, Hubert Kario wrote:
>> As such, we think it's a good idea to have an Implementation Guidance
>> for RSA decryption that:
>
> NATO has such a document for quite some years (at least 2014), would be very
> interesting to have that leaked. loads of governmental cryptographers have
> worked on it.
>
> we had one of the nato doc authors give a non-recorded talk, but his former
> prof from the local uni gave a recorded talk about this topic.
> the government
> guy referred to a lot of slides from the profs talk.
> unfortunately the talk is
> in hungarian, but if it helps anyone:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk6bamAYeKI
> mirror https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/hsbp/cryptonite/rsa.mkv
>
> slides main:
> https://hsbp.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=175&download=y
> slides exponent:
> https://hsbp.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=176&download=y
> slides fermat:
> https://hsbp.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=174&download=y

My Hungarian is basically non-existent, but as far as I can tell, most of
that
is about parameter selection (public exponent, prime selection, etc.), not
practical implementation recommendations.

I think parameter selection is already covered well by existing documents,
it's the implementation details that are a problem.
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario