List:       cfrg
Subject:    Re: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-opaque-11.txt
From:       "Christopher Wood" <caw () heapingbits ! net>
Date:       2023-06-08 21:50:49

This change has a number of updates, perhaps the biggest one being a reframing of the \
3DH operation. Previously, we described 3DH in terms of operations on a prime-order \
group, whereas now we describe it in terms of DH functions. Test vectors for a \
variant build on x25519 have also been included.

One open question we had for the group is captured in #414 [1]. Basically, when \
deriving a Curve25519 private key from some input seed is it _necessary_ to apply \
some form of random oracle or KDF? Currently, we don't do this, but it would be \
trivial to add. Thoughts and feedback welcome!

After this is resolved, we believe the document is ready for RGLC.

Best,
Chris

[1] https://github.com/cfrg/draft-irtf-cfrg-opaque/issues/414