List:       cfrg
Subject:    [CFRG] [Errata Verified] RFC8439 (6257)
From:       RFC Errata System <rfc-editor () rfc-editor ! org>
Date:       2021-04-13 12:22:08

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8439,
"ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6257

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Alan Presser <alanpresser@hotmail.com>
Date Reported: 2020-08-18
Verified by: Stanislav Smyshlyaev (IRSG)

Section: 2.5.2

Original Text
-------------
Adding s, we get this number, and serialize if to get the tag:

Corrected Text
--------------
Adding s, we get this number, and serialize it to get the tag:

Notes
-----
It's a trivial typo. Change "if" to "it".

--------------------------------------
RFC8439 (draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis-04)
Title               : ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols
Publication Date    : June 2018
Author(s)           : Y. Nir, A. Langley
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Crypto Forum Research Group
Area                : N/A
Stream              : IRTF
Verifying Party     : IRSG