List:       cfrg
Subject:    Re: [Cfrg] RGLC on draft-irtf-cfrg-xmss-hash-based-signatures-03.txt
From:       "A. Huelsing" <ietf () huelsing ! net>
Date:       2016-03-21 10:41:59

Our reasoning behind choosing SHA2 for the first parameter sets was
based on the availability of implementations in the field.
However, this selection is not exclusive! We even describe in the
document what has to be done to define parameter sets
based on other hash functions / block ciphers.

I think it is a question for cfrg if we want to include parameters based
on different hash functions in this state. I guess we can easily
include SHA3 parameters as optional if someone provides us with a
section describing how the different function families are instantiated
using SHA3.

Andreas