List:       cfrg
Subject:    [Cfrg] RMAC comments
From:       Phillip Rogaway <rogaway () cs ! ucdavis ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-03 17:56:18

Dear Colleagues,

Recently I wrote up some comments on a draft NIST proposal
for a mechanism called RMAC, which is a MAC
based on a paper by [Jaulmes, Joux, Valette].
(This proposal was discussed at the past IESG meeting.)
David McGrew suggested that I drop a note to this list
to point people to these comments.
You'll find them --as well as comments by
Jack Loyd, Lars Knudsen, and Yoshi Kohno-- at

http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/modes/comments/

The NIST draft itself is at

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/draft800-38B-110402.pdf

The deadline for comments was Monday, Dec 2, though I guess NIST
accepts on-going comments at all times.

-phil