List:       cfengine-help
Subject:    Re: checksum woes
From:       Tod Oace <tod.r.oace () intel ! com>
Date:       2003-12-30 22:58:08

>> A couple weeks ago I posted a message about trouble I'm having with
>> type=checksum network copies occasionally firing off when files have
>> not changed on the server.
>
> I'd be VERY interested to hear if you solve this one.  I'm having the
> EXACT same issue on one of my servers.  The difference in my case is
> that I'm not using a checksum database of any kind.  All the checksums
> get computed in real-time (server-side AND client-side).

Well that's disturbing/interesting. Yesterday I tried disabling the
checksum database on the server side and have still been seeing the
problems. So earlier today I disabled it on the client side and have
seen a couple more cases of it since then. I'm not sure if it's slowed
down any, but I'll know for sure tomorrow. I've been tracking one
particular problem for the past couple weeks and have a good baseline.

> I've been beating my head against the wall on this for a while.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess.  :)

I'll try and capture and analyze more cfservd debug output soon.

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>