List:       cfe-dev
Subject:    [cfe-dev] Jobs working on LLVM, Clang, and LLDB at Apple
From:       "Duncan P. N. Exon Smith via cfe-dev" <cfe-dev () lists ! llvm ! org>
Date:       2016-03-29 2:07:12

The Apple compiler and debugger teams are seeking exceptional engineers (to work on \
LLVM, Clang and LLDB) who are passionate about improving software development tools.  \
Detailed job descriptions follow.  Please send all responses to \
llvm-job-apply@group.apple.com, including the relevant job title and a CV.

1. Clang Frontend Engineer

In this position, you will work on general frontend development in Clang, with a \
particular focus on engineering new language and compiler features.  Experience with \
development of C++ frontends is desirable for this position, but all strong \
candidates with frontend experience are encouraged to apply.

Key Qualifications

* Strong C++ coding skills and a passion for writing clean, high performing code.
* Knowledge of compiler frontends and related tools.
* Familiarity with compiler optimizations, code generation, and overall design of \
                compilers.
* Expert knowledge of C and C++, with a detailed understanding of the C++ standard \
                and Itanium C++ ABI.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Experience with Objective C/C++.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

2. Compiler Engineer

In this position, you will make sure we ship a high quality compiler to our users.  \
This involves working on various components of the LLVM toolchain to support new \
features, fix bugs, and improve performance.  Experience with compiler development is \
desirable for this position, but strong candidates with other kinds of system \
software experience are also encouraged to apply.

Key Qualifications:

* Strong C++ coding skills and a passion for writing great code.
* Familiarity with compiler optimizations, code generation and overall design of \
                compilers.
* Experience debugging a complex software stack and/or system level issues.
* Strong track record of building high quality software.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills.

3. LLVM/Clang - QE

The Apple compiler team is hiring experienced Quality Engineers to drive quality \
improvements in LLVM/Clang and associated low level tools.  You will be working \
closely with the compiler team to develop comprehensive test coverage for the suite \
of compiler tools with a heavy focus on automation and integration testing.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers  work
* Experience with Python
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with Jenkins CI systems.

4. LLDB Engineer

We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer to improve the development experience across \
all of our platforms.  The LLDB team blends compiler technology and a deep \
understanding of the runtime representation of running processes to enable a rich \
debugging experience, as well as enabling the Swift REPL and Playgrounds.  You will \
be working with a talented team to improve on established tools and find new ways to \
apply technology from LLVM, Clang, and Swift to exploring running code.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers work
* Knowledge of modern operating systems
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams
* (Optional) Familiar with Swift
* (Optional) Experience with Python
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

5. LLDB - QE

We are looking for a experienced Quality Engineer who is passionate about improving \
software quality.  You will work closely with the Debugger team to develop and \
improve our automated testing and design new integration tests for LLDB.  You will \
need to be able to write and debug complex C/C++ code and delve deep into the \
complexities of debugging on all Apple devices.

Key Qualifications

* Experienced in C/C++ development
* Knowledge of how compilers and debuggers work
* Experience with Python
* Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
* Ability to work in cross functional teams with varying schedules.
* (Optional, but a big plus) Knowledge of LLVM/Clang and open source development.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with CI systems.