On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com> wrote:
Hi Hans,

thanks!   Just a quick update: it turns out the sanitizer build bots
uncovered an uninitialized variable access.  I've now fixed this in
r243644, and the build bot is green again.  So if this feature is
backported, please add that revision as well.

Sorry for the extra confusion ...

Bye,
Ulrich

hwennborg@google.com wrote on 30.07.2015 17:02:32:

> Hi Ulrich,
>
> I'm happy to merge if Richard gives the owner's approval.

It's a bit unusual to take a whole new feature at this stage in the release, but if you're happy with it, I think it's a suitably low-risk patch (the biggest risk is that the feature itself would not work in some way), so go ahead.

> Cheers,
> Hans
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:24 AM, Ulrich Weigand
> <Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Hans, hi Richard,
> >
> > I've just checked support for the System z vector language extensions
(and
> > associated intrinsics header file) into clang mainline as revisions
r243642
> > and r243643.
> >
> > This is the last missing part to complete support for the IBM z13
mainframe
> > architecture in LLVM and clang at a level compatible with current GCC
> > mainline.  All the other parts (LLVM back-end support, and basic clang
> > support for -march=z13 except for the language extension) are already
in
> > 3.7 since they went in before the release branched.  The language
extension
> > however is not in the branch.
> >
> > In order for LLVM 3.7 to be able to claim full z13 support, it would be
> > really good if that last missing feature could still make it into the
> > branch.  I'm aware that we're already quite late in the cycle -- do you
> > still see a chance to get it in?  If there's anything I can to do help
with
> > this, please let me know.   Thanks!
> >

> > Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards
> >
> > Ulrich Weigand
> >
> > --
> >   Dr. Ulrich Weigand | Phone: +49-7031/16-3727
> >   STSM, GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain
> >   IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
> >   Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz | Geschäftsführung:
Dirk