List:       cfe-dev
Subject:    Re: [cfe-dev] =?windows-1252?q?=5BPATCH=5D_Let_=5F=5Fattribute=5F=5F?=
From:       Jonathan Schleifer <js () webkeks ! org>
Date:       2013-11-27 19:47:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am 27.11.2013 um 18:16 schrieb David Chisnall <David.Chisnall@cl.cam.ac.uk>:

> You can only have one format of constant string per compilation unit, so this \
> doesn't seem important.  The type of the constant string argument is something that \
> is defined by the parameter type, it doesn't need to be part of the printf \
> extension format.
> Instead, you want to be able to define printf-like method sets, and then attach \
> these to methods as you currently do with the standard printf-like things.

You are right, it would be possible to just allow the printf format string type for \
all constant strings, either C strings or ObjC strings or C(++)11 char{16,32}_t \
literals, or even wchar_t. Or C++11 custom string literals. That would make \
__NSString__ and __OFString__ unnecessary and just allow format(printf, …) for all of \
them. I think this is a cleaner solution and the way to go!

--
Jonathan

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]