List:       cfe-dev
Subject:    Re: [cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: A Great Renaming of Things (or: Let's Repaint	ALL the Bikesheds!)
From:       Chris Lattner <clattner () apple ! com>
Date:       2012-11-28 16:00:52

On Nov 28, 2012, at 1:34 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc@google.com> wrote:
> Lacking any dissenting opinions, I wanted to give a heads up to folks:
>
> I plan to do the two major renamings I mentioned above this weekend.
> I'll do it over the weekend to try to minimize the number of patches
> that folks have outstanding touching files in those trees.

Sounds good.  For the LLVM side change, please a list of destinations for the new \
header file structure and the class renamings you want to do.  I'd really prefer \
things to move *once* to their final location, not keep dancing around to different \
locations if we change our minds and discuss things :)

> I'll respond later this week with more details to help sort out any
> last questions of naming. It looks like the only real bikeshed left is
> the name for the CodeGen classes, and I'll mostly defer to John's
> whims there as he has to read and touch that code more than most
> others. =]

I'm happy to let the clang folks figure out the best way to handle this.  As a small \
request if this sort of thing happens again (and not *that* big of a deal), it would \
have been nice if your original email was two different emails sent to llvmdev and \
cfe-dev for the halves of the proposal relevant to each community - instead of cross \
posting them both.  If nothing else, it's a pain for list moderation :)

-Chris