List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Error opening missing snapshot from missing (deleted) rbd image.
From:       Luke Hall <luke () positive-internet ! com>
Date:       2022-06-30 15:23:56

Hello,

Recently when running "rbd ls -l .. " I am seeing list of all the
existing disks/snapshots but also this error:

rbd: error opening vm-225-state-XXXXXXXX_before_upgrade_03may2022: (2)
No such file or directory
rbd: listing images failed: (2) No such file or directory

I am quite certain that this was a snapshot from vm-225-disk-0 however
we only now have vm-225-disk-2 in use and -0 and -1 were deleted some
time ago.

My question is how is the rbd ls command aware of this missing snap from
a missing disk and then how can I clean this up so the error goes away.
We have Proxmox mostly using this cluster and removing VMs and that in
particular doesn't like the fact we're exiting non-zero when removing
Ceph disks.

Thanks in advance.

Luke

--
All postal correspondence to:
The Positive Internet Company, 24 Ganton Street, London. W1F 7QY

*Follow us on Twitter* @posipeople

The Positive Internet Company Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered company number: 3673639. VAT no: 726 7072 28.
Registered office: Northside House, Mount Pleasant, Barnet, Herts, EN4 9EE.