List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Re: Reinstalling OSD node managed by cephadm
From:       Robert Sander <r.sander () heinlein-support ! de>
Date:       2022-01-31 9:44:14

Am 28.01.22 um 21:09 schrieb Manuel Holtgrewe:

> What is the overall process of reinstalling (e.g., for going from
> enterprise linux 7 to 8) and getting my OSDs back afterwards.
>
> - reinstall operating system on system disk
> - install cephadm binary
> - ... now what? ;-)

You need to add the cephadm SHS public key to
/root/.ssh/authorized_keys. After that you should be able to run

ceph cephadm osd activate $HOSTNAME

to have the orchestrator start the OSD containers on $HOSTNAME.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt.  §35a GmbHG:
HRB 220009 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,