List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Re: High ceph_osd_commit_latency_ms on Toshiba MG07ACA14TE HDDs
From:       Dan van der Ster <dan () vanderster ! com>
Date:       2021-11-04 10:33:46

Hello Benoît, (and others in this great thread),

Apologies for replying to this ancient thread.

We have been debugging similar issues during an ongoing migration to
new servers with TOSHIBA MG07ACA14TE hdds.

We see a similar commit_latency_ms issue on the new drives (~60ms in
our env vs ~20ms for some old 6TB Seagates).
However, disabling the write cache (hdparm -W 0) made absolutely no
difference for us.

So we're wondering:
* Are we running the same firmware as you? (We have 0104). I wonder if
Toshiba has changed the implementation of the cache in the meantime...
* Is anyone aware of some HBA or other setting in the middle that
might be masking this setting from reaching the drive?

Best Regards,

Dan