List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Set some but not all drives as 'autoreplace'?
From:       "Harry G. Coin" <hgcoin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-09-28 22:24:14

Hi all,

I know Ceph offers a way to 'automatically' cause blank drives it
detects to be spun up into osds, but I think that's an 'all or nothing'
situation if I read the docs properly.

Is there a way to specify which slots, or even better, a way to specify
not specific slots?   It sure would be nice to tell ceph 'it owns these
drive slots on those hosts, and if ever there is a blank drive in there,
assume the previous one if any is never coming back to that slot, and
the new one should be auto-installed as an osd' without having to get
involved in typing or clicking anything.

The reason is-- some hosts boot off the same controller as the osds use,
I don't want a replacement boot drive getting spun into an osd.

Thanks

Harry