List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Re: Getting `InvalidInput` when trying to create a notification topic with Kafka endpoi
From:       Yuval Lifshitz <ylifshit () redhat ! com>
Date:       2021-04-27 16:48:51

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 1:59 PM Szabo, Istvan (Agoda) <
Istvan.Szabo@agoda.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much to pickup the question and sorry for the late response.
>
> Yes, we are sending in cleartext also using HTTPS, but how it should be
> send if not like this?

if you send the user/password using HTTPS connection between the client and
the RGW there should be no error. could you please provide the RGW debug
log, to see why "invalid argument" was replied?

> Also connected to this issue a bit, when we subscribe a bucket to a topic
> with non-ACL kafka topic, any operations (PUT or DELETE) is simply blocking
> and not returning. Not even any error response.
>
> this would be the case when the kafka broker is down (or the parameters
you provided to the topic were incorrect). a workaround for this issue is
to mark the endpoint with "kafka-ack-level=none", this will not block for
the reply, but note that if the broker is down or misconfigured, the
notification will be lost.
a better option (if you are using "pacific" and up) is to mark the topic
with the "persistent" flag. this would mean that even if the broker is down
or misconfigured, the notification will be retired until successful, and,
in addition, will not block the request.