List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Re: Mount CEPH-FS on multiple hosts with concurrent access to the same data objects?
From:       Andreas John <aj () net-lab ! net>
Date:       2020-09-22 12:43:05

Hello,

yes, it does. I even comes with a GUI so manage ceph and own basic-setup
tool. No EC support.

The only issue comes is with the backup stuff, which uses "vzdump" under
the hood that causes possibly   high load.

The reason is not really known yet, but some suspect that small block
sizes cause large readahead in ceph.. Use eve4pve-barc instead.

_
_

rgds

j.
On 22.09.20 14:31, René Bartsch wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 22.09.2020, 08:50 +0200 schrieb Robert Sander:
>
>> Do you know that Proxmox is able to store VM images as RBD directly
>> in a
>> Ceph cluster?
> Does Proxmox support snapshots, backups and thin provisioning with RBD-
> VM images?
>
> Regards,
>
> Renne

Andreas John
net-lab GmbH  |  Frankfurter Str. 99  |  63067 Offenbach
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Andreas John | AG Offenbach, HRB40832
Tel: +49 69 8570033-1 | Fax: -2 | http://www.net-lab.net

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/netlabdotnet
Twitter: https://twitter.com/netlabdotnet