List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Change both client/cluster network subnets
From:       nasospan84 () hotmail ! com (Nasos Pan)
Date:       2015-11-26 14:14:03

Hi guys. For some months i had a simple working ceph cluster with 3 nodes and 3 \
monitors inside. Client, monitors and cluster network was at redundant 10Gbps ports \
in the same subnet 10.10.10.0/24.

Here is the conf
#########
[global]
     auth client required = cephx
     auth cluster required = cephx
     auth service required = cephx
     auth supported = cephx
     cluster network = 10.0.0.0/24
     filestore xattr use omap = true
     fsid = 169d99bb-9b62-459e-8e5e-2d101a8c17b2
     keyring = /etc/pve/priv/$cluster.$name.keyring
     osd journal size = 5120
     osd pool default min size = 1
     public network = 10.0.0.0/24
     osd mount options xfs = rw,noatime,inode64

[osd]
     keyring = /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$id/keyring

[mon.1]
     host = test2
     mon addr = 10.0.0.2:6789

[mon.0]
     host = test1
     mon addr = 10.0.0.1:6789

[mon.2]
     host = test3
     mon addr = 10.0.0.3:6789

###########

I want for several reasons to change all the configuration at another subnet, \
172.16.0.0/24 I can stop all io traffic to the cluster, scrubbing, snapshots backups \
and everything that would cause changes.(anything else?) Just to be sure i have scrub \
deep-scrub off and osd noout.

What is the best way to change this setting? I don't mind rebooting if necessary.
Apparently just change 10.10.10 to 172.16.0 and restart services one by one (either \
osds first either mons) didn't worked.

Any help? As long as i have osd noout can i just stop all osds, stop mons and then \
start one by one again?

Thanks!
Nasos Pan