List:       ceph-devel
Subject:    Ceph Monitoring Mixin
From:       Jonas_Lekavičius <jonas () devopy ! io>
Date:       2019-03-29 5:09:48

Hi,

Our team has been working on Ceph Monitoring mixin, which is available
on https://github.com/devopyio/ceph-monitoring-mixin

The monitoring mixin allows users to customize Prometheus alerts, set
correct label selectors,  customize labels such as links to Ceph
Dashboard / Grafana dashboards and runbooks.

The mixin can be downloaded via json bundler package managed and
customized via jsonnet language. There are google docs
https://goo.gl/JMxwC3 and https://goo.gl/JocRm6 , which specify how
things work and how mixin helps managing Prometheus alerts and Grafana
dasbhoards easier. There are a bunch of mixins for systems such us
Kubernetes (https://github.com/kubernetes-monitoring/kubernetes-mixin)
& etcd (https://github.com/etcd-io/etcd/tree/master/Documentation/etcd-mixin).

Right now, we know Ceph Nautilus release includes Prometheus Alerts,
we were thinking maybe you would accept a transfer of this project
from us to Ceph repository?

The way we envision is we would add Prometheus alerts from Nautilus
release and then do a PR against Ceph repository.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards